Kendall Jenner has become a bona fide style icon over the past few years and we’ve been crushing hard on her red carpet looks. The effortlessly chic model usually opts for a more laid back style with understated makeup and casual cool outfits. Her refined hairstyles magnify her natural beauty, staying true to her dark coloured hair. Although the fashionista leaves the multi-coloured tresses and yo-yo lengths to sister Kylie, she knows how to mix it up and go full on glam when the occasion calls for it.
Behold Kendall’s 7 most photographed and lust-worthy hairstyles. Every single one of the gorgeous hairdos can be achieved with just one versatile, handy hairpiece – The Smooth Supermodel Clip In Ponytail.
Each hairstyle requires the application of the hairpiece extension over your natural ponytail. Simple place the hairpiece on top of your elastic and affix with the pressure clip. The separated section is designed to be wrapped around the base of the ponytail to tighten, secure and conceal. Use a bobby pin to hide away the ends.
Remember, we don’t use old-fashioned claw clips, Velcro or drawstrings. These methods create an unnatural shape, look pretty irregular and can damage your natural hair.
1. The Bubble Ponytail
A huge hair trend at present and pretty simple to master. The most important ingredient here is volume.
- Fashion your natural hair into a ponytail at the nape of the neck, securing with a hairband. Don’t worry how long or thick your own hair is – we’re about to fix that!
- Attach the ponytail extension.
- Tie a further 3 hairbands intermittently around your new, long and luscious ponytail.
- Gently pull each section outwards with your fingers, creating the ‘bubble’.
To replicate Kendall Jenner’s super sleek look, ensure your ponytail starts from the base of the head.
2. The Sleek Top Knot
Synonymous with supermodels worldwide, the super easy top knot will never go out of fashion. Kendall Jenner has most definitely stamped her authority on this hairstyle thanks to her gloriously shiny hair. The smooth and sleek take on the popular style is perfect for that special occasion.
- Ideally straighten your natural hair so as it blends seamlessly with the clip in hairpiece.
- First, brush your hair into a high ponytail with your head flipped over, aiming for a smooth and tight effect.
- Attach the clip in ponytail.
- Grab a second band and duplicate the ponytail from your thick and shiny hairpiece, but this time hold the final loop-though so as it stands vertically on the head with the ends hanging flat.
- Lastly, wrap the ends around the base of the top knot and use a Kirby grip to pin into the bun.
- Spritz an old toothbrush with a strong hold hairspray and brush flat any fly away hairs around the forehead (unless, of course, you have a Kendall Jenner style fringe, ‘cos that would just look weird)
3. The Casual Ponytail
Probably the easiest (and cutest) of Kendall Jenner hairstyles to master, you don’t even need a brush for this one!
- Pull your natural hair back into a high ponytail with your fingers and secure with a band. Don’t use a brush, as you want natural lumps and bumps for this style.
- Attach the clip in ponytail to the base of the original, lining the pressure clip vertically to the head and clipping it down between the band and your head. This helps to create Kendall’s elevated pony effect.
- Pull strands down around the ears and use a sectioning comb to lift and intensify the overlapping hair around the crown. This both adds volume and creates that effortless look.
4. The High Sleek Ponytail
To achieve Kendall’s smooth-as-glass, slicked back ponytail (the most effective non-surgical face-lift around) there are a couple of important steps to take. Take special note of steps 2 and 5.
- Firstly, prep your hair with a dry oil to add a healthy shine.
- Lift up the roots and spritz hairspray through the layers underneath, combing the hair through with your fingers towards the base of the head.
- Fashion a ponytail at the centre of your head, brushing through the top layer several times until it is perfectly smooth. Secure with a hair bobble.
- Attach the clip in ponytail hair extension.
- Lastly, use hair straighteners to flat iron the ponytail in small sections at a time. This will blend your natural hair with your hairpiece as well as smooth down those annoying hairs that have a habit of sticking out from the top of the pony.
5. The Messy Bun
A beautifully versatile hairstyle, transfusing work day chic, casual cool and red carpet attire. Kendall’s messy bun is easily achieved with a full and thick ponytail and some light-handed styling.
- First, arrange your hair into a ponytail at the back of the head. Secure with a hair bobble. Don’t use a brush or worry about it being neat. This look is designed to appear as though you haven’t exerted that much effort.
- Attach your ponytail extension.
- Separate the extended ponytail into two sections and lightly tease (hair speak for back-comb) each section with a brush or comb. This creates Kendall’s lush, textured look.
- With your teased sections in each hand, criss-cross the hair around the base until the ponytail becomes a top knot. Secure with a kirby grip an inch or so above the ends of the hair, allowing them to stick out slightly.
- For the finishing touch, gently pull strands loose from the bun for intensified texture and around the face and nape of the neck.
6. The Sleek Low Ponytail
Probably our favorite Kendall Jenner hairstyle to date, with a polished and modern look. Replicate each step of the High Sleek Ponytail but instead, arrange the pony at the nape of the neck. Add a centre part for refined elegance.
7. The Messy High Ponytail
Kendall’s classy hairstyle combines a sleek and smooth crown with a beach wavy ponytail. Ideal for drawing attention to that beautiful face and showing off some expert contouring. To achieve this look, style your clip in ponytail hair piece before you attach to the head.
- Lightly tease the ponytail extension using a comb or a brush. Pay particular attention to the top of the hair.
- Holding the top of the hairpiece in one hand, twist a small section of the hair from the base to the tips. Release the base and move hair straighteners down the lengths of the twisted hair, pressing down and releasing as you go. Repeat this a few times on every section of the ponytail.
- Unwind the twists to reveal natural looking, voluminous beach waves.
- Lifting the roots of your natural hair, spray the layers with hairspray, encouraging the hair towards the base of the head with your fingers.
- Tie your hair into a ponytail at the top-centre of your head with an elastic.
- Tease your natural ponytail lengths with a comb.
- Attach the ponytail extension.
- Repeat step 1 as required once the ponytail is in place.
- Spritz hairspray onto an old tooth brush and smooth any fly-away ends around the face.
You’re all set to wow the crowds with your pick of Kendall Jenner hairstyles. Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram using #starstylewigs with your fabulous creations.